Fisheries Biologist, with Queensland Department of Primary Industries Fisheries, visits Kununurra to carry out investigation and provides a report on his findings in September 2004. The summary:
- Establish a program for facilitating the restoration of fish passage in the Ord River;
- Analyse hydrological data regarding head and tail water operational ranges;
- Compile data on migratory fish and crustacean species of the Ord River in regards to known biology and migratory requirements;
- Host the Fourth Australian Workshop on fishways in Kununurra;
- Establish a technical advisory group to assist in achieving the most effective fish way designs;
- Call and award tenders for the design and construction of the fishways.